Fire control :
Early fire prevention:
The following measures should be taken to prevent fire.
- Smoking should be avoided.
- Workers should use a special room or cabin for smoking.
- Flammable liquids should be stored in a cooler main tank.
- Flammable liquids should be stored in a glass container.
- Fuel coagulation should not be allowed to evaporate.
- Keep flammable materials away from fire.
- Causes of fires should be found by analyzing the causes of fires. Come on
- Effective implementation of fire prevention methods.
- Workers must have a thorough knowledge of the cause of the fire.
- Electrical appliances and wiring should be checked periodically.
- When welding, nearby flammable objects should be removed or water should be kept nearby..
- Use Cover safe Guard to control sparking on the hand grinder in the workshop.
Types of fire :
The following types of fires have been described by researchers.
Class A; This fire is caused by contact with solid material. For example, paper, wood, cotton, cloth, leather, grass, etc.
Class B; This fire is caused by contact with liquids etc. Such as petrol, oil, fat, oil, grease, etc.
Class C; All gas-type fuels such as hydrogen, gasoline, needle gas-fired fires are classified as class C.
Class D; Which ignites flammable substances or chemicals such as sodium, potassium and magnesium. It is placed in class D.
Class E; This type of fire ignites the upper class material due to sparking in electrical appliances
The fire is controlled in the following ways.
Fire is controlled in the following ways.
- Commonly found items such as paper cloth, cotton, rubber, wood soda, acid soda, halotron fire extinguishers are used to extinguish fires.
How to use:
Hold the fire extinguishers in your hand, turn the nozzle towards the fire and turn on the fire pump. Concentrate the sharp-edged powder on the bottom of the fire. Until the fire is brought under control.
How to use:
Move the CO2 cylinder closer to the fire. Remove the safety pin. Keep the cylinder pipe facing the fire and keep the lever pressed. Gas will start to leak. Continue this process until the fire is extinguished.