Let’s face it, your water heater is going to need help this season. If recent trends are any indication, it’s probably going to get cold this year and we’ll need hot water to get things going. Most of our customers use tank water heaters, but even if you are a tankless water heater user, you can still benefit from the tips we are going to talk about in this blog.
Water heaters are under a huge amount of pressure in the winter. From hot showers to hot tubs, we really can’t do without them or we experience some extreme discomfort and not being able to use our appliances like dishwashers and laundry machines. Therefore, when it comes to a file Water Heater in Berea, OH. Do yourself a favor and take a few steps to make sure it works properly throughout the holiday season!
1. Limit your hot water use
Look, we don’t want to tell anyone how to live their life. Many people have different water needs, and this is up to each family to decide. What we are going to say is that using a little more hot water than usual can greatly affect your water heater.
Remember, the water heaters get under pressure when people join us for the holiday and start doing more dishes than we normally would. This would be a good time to set some rules for the kids about how long they should take a bath, and some best practices for when using hot water. With less load on your system, there is less chance of a problem arising. if something happens, This will also reduce your water heating bills!
2. Investing in the annual maintenance of the water heater
One of the most effective ways to mitigate water heater problems is to use routine maintenance. A maintenance appointment allows a professional to check components, adjust the water heater, and even provide minor repairs to components that may be broken or on their way out. This will ensure that the system is ready to handle your hot water needs.
3. Schedule repairs when something goes wrong
If you notice something is wrong with your water heater, it’s always a good idea to schedule system repairs as soon as possible. Here are some problems that would be great to solve.
- You detect a water leak or puddle near the water heater. Leaks are never a good sign, especially if they are coming from your water heater. Leaving puddles alone long enough can cause mold to spread and damage your floors.
- The temperature is all wrong. If your water heater heats the water too much or too little, we consider this to be a problem that requires repair. The system may be set to the wrong temperature, or there may be a component failure.
- The system does not heat the water enough. Are you constantly running out of hot water? This could be an issue with sediment clogging your system and reducing the amount of hot water kept in the tank.
For help with water heaters, feel free to Call the professionals At Westland Heating, Air Conditioning and Plumbing!
Monday, December 12, 2022 at 11:00 am | Categories: Water heaters
#Tips #Extend #Lifespan #Water #Heater