EFI cars all sensors and Actuators name with full form
In this post you can read all sensors and Actuators name with full form. this post is related EFI cars students and technicians and this is very important post.
What is Sensor?
A device that converts physical signals into electrical signals. This is called a sensor.
Example : ECT (Engine coolant temperature sensor) This sensor communicates the coolant temperature in an electrical signal to the ECM.
List of Sensors Name with Full form
- ECT Sensor : Engine coolant temperature sensor
- IAT Sensor : Intake Air Temperature sensor
- TPS Sensor : Throttle position sensor
- MAP Sensor : Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
- MAF Sensor : Mass airflow sensor
- CKP Sensor : Crankshaft position sensor
- CMP Sensor : Camshaft Position Sensor
- KNK Sensor : knock Sensor
- O2 Sensor : Oxygen sensor
- IMA Sensor : idle mixture adjustment sensor
- APPS Sensor : Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
What is Actuators?
A device that converts electrical signals into mechanical signals (work). This is called a Actuators.
Example : The ECM which receives the electrical signal from the ECT sensor and sends it to the radiator fan and the fan receives the electrical signal and performs mechanical work.
List of Actuators Name with Full form
- Fuel Pump
- Ignition Coil
- IAC Valve : Intake air control valve
- EGR : Exhaust Gas Recirculation
- VVT-i : Variable Valve Timing with Intelligence
- Purge valve
- APPS : Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
- ETCS : Electronic throttle control systems